Electrical Services Done Quickly & Safely – (703) 343-9884
Your home won’t feel very cozy and it certainly won’t be cozy if you don’t have electricity running through it. When you encounter an electrical problem, don’t delay in getting it fixed. But don’t rush ahead and try to do it yourself – that can be extremely dangerous! Instead, pick up the phone and call on Beacon Electrical Services in Alexandria. For more than 15 years, we have been patching up, maintaining, and replacing electrical components and systems for people throughout your hometown. Let us do the same for you!
Check out our reviews to see what people are saying about our company!
What Can Our Electricians Do for You?
There are a lot of things that can go wrong with your home’s electrical systems. Every small piece needs to be functioning as expected, or else it could mean lights out – literally. With our extensive industry experience, we are highly familiar with all types of electrical systems, components, parts, and equipment. If there is an issue with your home’s electricity, then we have a solution.
Call (703) 343-9884 if you want repairs or maintenance for:
- Ceiling fans
- Circuit breakers
- Electrical panels
- High-voltage connections
- Light fixtures
- Pool and spa connections
- Switches and outlets
Please remember that electrical work is highly dangerous to the untrained. Do not attempt to make repairs to any electrical component in your home if you do not have the correct training, tools, and knowledge. It is better to leave a job – even a small one – to a professional electrician.
Check out our current specials!
Save money with our online specials.
The Dangers of Aluminum Wiring
Though it may seem your current electrical system is working well with aluminum wiring, it is highly dangerous to have in your home. Though it was popular many years ago to install aluminum wiring in homes, they have proven to be hazardous, especially with the higher energy demands of the modern world.
Aluminum wiring should be replaced for the following reasons:
- High Risk of Home Fires: The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that aluminum wiring is 55 times more likely to reach fire hazard conditions. Numerous fires, and even deaths, are reported each year due to faulty wiring. Don’t allow your home become another statistic. Copper wiring may cost a little bit extra, but you can’t deny that it works. And when it comes to keeping you and your family safe, you want nothing but the best.
- Poor Cost Efficiency: Aluminum wiring will leave you in a deep financial hole due to costs of home remodeling or buying a new one entirely due extensive property damage. Not only will you have to spend more money on wiring repair, you also face losing your entire home, and it can be long, difficult process purchasing a new one. Copper wiring will save you all sorts of money that can be used for other electrical ventures.
- Shorter Appliance Lifespan: Have you ever experienced a power outage during an intense storm or while you’re in the midst of a work session on the computer? Then you’ll know how frustrating it can be to lose power when you need it the most. This may have something to do with your old aluminum wiring, so it’s best to have it checked by a licensed electrician.
Why You Might Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade
The electrical system is one of the key elements of your home. It’s critical that it works properly and safely. However, if you own a home that’s more than 15 years old, it might be time to upgrade your electrical panel.
- With constant use, the electrical panel will begin to show signs of wear and tear. This can greatly increase the risk of an electrical fire.
- You can enhance the electrical system’s capacity. We use far more electronic devices now than we did 15 years ago (just imagine what the difference is if your electrical panel is even older!). Without an upgrade, the electrical panel can become overloaded, which can lead to blown fuses, a tripped breaker switch, and even increased fire hazard.
- Your home’s value will increase. If you’re thinking of putting your home on the market or taking out a 2nd mortgage, having an upgraded electrical panel can significantly enhance its value.
How to Budget for an Electrical Panel Upgrade:
Despite the fact that upgrading your electrical panel will undoubtedly benefit you, it’s often a challenge to budget for it. In order to make sure you can cover the costs, it’s smart to start planning a couple of months in advance. Beacon Electrical Services can be your advisor in this. You can contact us and schedule an appointment to discuss your upgrade. One of our specialists will assess the situation and provide you with a free estimate of the costs involved. That gives you the time to set money aside, and when you’re ready to move forward, all you have to do is schedule a date for the work to be done!
Schedule Your Next Alexandria Electrical Installation
Are you looking to remodel a room or a few rooms in your house? Get our help with electrical wiring and installation to complete the project. We can help you install a new ceiling fan, television, sound system, and so forth by handling the electrical work. You’ll have a fully functioning new space in no time!
Would you like to schedule an electrical service in Alexandria? Contact us at any time.