Electrical Service Technician
You will diagnose, repair and install electrical systems and lead customers
to informed and confident buying decisions.
- Maintain communication with dispatch, your manager, parts and installation teams.
- Keep your company truck clean, inside and out.
- Keep your truck inventory up to date.
- Properly complete paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Participate in training allowing you to grow and develop as a professional.
- Have or be willing to get the proper certifications. We can help you with this.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in residences.
- Ensures customers’ homes are in compliance with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electrician’s license
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
What we offer
- Our top performers are among the highest paid technicians in Northern Virginia.
You’ll have unlimited earning potential.
- Company late model Service van with option to use to and from home.
- Employee Medical Insurance with dental and vision options.
- New technology, including iPad and access to integrated software.
- State of the art tools, parts and supplies.
- 401k Plan with a company match.
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We
care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you
join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love
our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Beacon Home Services.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make
this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will
work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers,
and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company.
If this sounds like you, spend a little time learning about Beacon Home Services by visiting www.BeaconElectricalServices.com. When you're ready,
please follow the directions at www.beaconelectricalservices.com to apply
for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT
contact us with unsolicited services or offers